Tuesday 2 December 2014

Relics at Wyalkatchem

Last weekend, feeling a bit bored we took a drive over to Wyalkatchem, about 130 klms away. After poking around at the swap meet and lunch at the hotel, we wandered over to the museum, with it's wonderful collection of old tractors, cars and trucks, dating back to the early 1900's. Rusty relics of a past era.
 
Linking with Rubbish Tuesday
 
 
Old Goods
 Railway Carriage
 
 
Model T Ford, 1924
 
 
Dodge Sedan 1926
 
 
Would once have been the height of luxury
 
 
Chevrolet Truck, 1942
 
 
 
Early Tractors, a long way from the comfort of today
 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I would love to wander around in that shed full of wonderful! Love the old train carriage, too. My grandfather had a truck like the 1942 Chevy. Doesn't seem like that long ago. My how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting to see the way some of the vehicles have been restored, and others, not!! I would have spent hours there, taking macros of all the bits and pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very interesting museum. I love the old cars. Surely different than these modern machine we drive today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing collection of vintage vehicles Linley.. what a really lovely way to spend the day.. I really don't get out into the country nearly enough. Do you come into the city much these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the old cars! What an interesting museum! Wow--they have a model T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some wonderful relics! I love that they are dusty and look a bit forlorn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful vintage finds that takes me back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous assortment of old relics. How I would love to wander through to see it all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely rusted beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "barn finds." Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.