Monday 9 February 2015

Just a Little Train

Why is it when there is a deadline to meet, you get caught at a railway crossing?. This happened to us last week on the way to Toodyay to meet up with friends.  We always allow plenty of time but didn't count on getting caught as the trains are few and far between these days. We got caught by the same train twice  at two  railway crossings, there is actually  the opportunity to get stuck at three crossings, two on the way into Goomalling and one on the way out. I guess we are lucky we missed the third. This train was carrying grain and had 50 carriages attached to it. That's what you do, count carriages while you are waiting, tapping your fingers on the dash.
 
Linking with Monday Mural
                    Monday Mellow Yellows
                 Ruby Tuesday Too
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The end. No I wasn't going to bore you with all the photos of the carriages.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute carriages. I know the feeling well of sitting counting carriages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are not getting stuck on the rails it's OK !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This afternoon, I got excited as we slowed to a stop behind a line of cars because the railroad guards were down. A train! We waited, but no train. It must've have passed before we got there. Bummer. But, then, we had no deadlines. I probably would've been fit to be tied if we were.
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love those graffiti ones! So in a way I'm glad you were delayed (don't suppose your friends minded too much).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just what happened to me today. No meeting after school for a change, so I left for home only to get caught for quite a while at a railway crossing. And yes. I counted carriages. There's some colourful ones in your group of carriages though. Mine were a dirty looking red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wondered how long it takes to construct "pieces." You'd think train cars wouldn't be still long enough to become a canvas for such intricate work. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.