Sunday 30 December 2012

This Morning's Walk

The heatwave over here in Perth is still with us, so this morning we took to Coogee Beach for our usual Sunday morning walk.  At 7-30am it was over 30 degrees so the clear, cool water was inviting.


We walked up to Woodman's Point jetty and back to Coogee jetty. At Woodmans we saw this pelican, which is why we do have to take care with fishing lines being discarded in the ocean. I would say that this bird has lost his foot probably by becoming entangled in fishing line.



We took longer to walk due to frequent dips in the ocean to cool off but once we got back to Coogee Jetty area we enjoyed a leisurely a swim and a bit of "people watching"

 
3 young blokes were doing an enegetic training regime, others walking, paddling or jogging
 
 
 


 

9 comments:

  1. You sure are getting it hot over there. Its pretty warm here too. That looks a nice way to cool off. Happy new Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankgoodness for airconditioning is all I can say. I just don't want any devastation from bushfires as a result of the heat. You stay cool too. Happy New Year Diane.

      Delete
  2. The blue sea and the beach looks so nice ... and the warmth! I bet it is a nice feeling to be cooling down by the sea - the breeze and maybe a dive or a swim :-)
    Happy New year to you, Linley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would give anything for some of your cold weather Nina. Thankfully, on most days we do get a cooling seabreeze, commonly known as "The Fremantle Doctor" unfortunately he must be on holidays at present. Happy New Year Nina

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos Linley and so inviting. It's a hottie here today and the aircon is blasting.
    I have great intentions of staying up but, I don't know!
    Happy New Year dear lady and may 2013 be good and kind to you and yours.
    R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make midnight Rose, how about you. Thankfully the heatwave has finished here, for now that is

      Delete
  4. HHHMMMmmm... TWO photos of the 3 energetic young blokes! What does THAT mean?!?!?!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Red, I was just checking that they were not slacking off.

      Delete
  5. How fantastic it has been today to feel the full breeze of the 'absent without leave' Fremantle Doctor. We are lucky though t be so close to the beach. I might have been tempted to keep an eye on the lads as well haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.