Saturday 22 March 2014

Bearded Dragon

We had every intention this morning, because it was a bit cooler, of cleaning up the vege garden. All we have in at the moment is a few pumpkin vines which are starting to look extremely untidy. I picked one pumpkin which was ready and was about to tap on this one below to check on it's progress. I stopped in my tracks and I won't repeat what was said, when I spotted this little guy perched on the said pumpkin. He sat there for about an hour, tongue darting in and out at insects, before moving on. However, I don't know where he went as he is quite camouflaged by the drying pumpkin vines. I think it is a little Western Bearded Dragon, which are harmless but they do give  a fright to scaredy cats like me.  Needless to say, vege garden has not been cleaned up.
 
Linking with Saturdays Critters

                    Camera Critters
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I might well imagine what you said Linley; I would've too being that close and first sighting your first reaction SNAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that size or smaller lizzards are kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI What a great find and good that you have left the veg garden as it is for a while. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How blessed to have a lizard in your garden. :) Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute critter, I love the lizards.. Great shot! Thank you for linking up with Saturday's Critters.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like him. Looks like he's claiming ownership of that pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky capture Linley! I adore lizards of all kinds and he's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.